Modern Driveline | MDL NewsfeedView Company Profile
MDL is hiring a sales and technical services representative with a comprehensive understanding and passion for the car industry as well as strong mechanical aptitude.
Modern Driveline Inc. is a manual transmission conversion specialist located in Caldwell, Idaho. We engineer, develop, and sell conversion packages for 5 & 6 Speed overdrive transmissions and related installation components for ALL major Manufacturers as well as Hot-Rods, Kit Cars, Customs and Trucks.
We specialize in complete solutions based on customers’ needs ranging from vintage, classics, hot rod & modern muscle cars. We have been in business for over 23 years and are a leader in this industry selling products across the globe.
Refer to our website at www.moderndriveline.com for details.
Technical Sales, Customer Service Representative – Job Posting
We are looking for a highly motivated, conscientious self-starter with a positive attitude that can multi-task and work effectively as a member of our team.
This position requires you to be flexible, adaptable to change and accountable regarding work demands.
You must be able to schedule and manage follow-through to customers, staff, and tasks at hand.
Full-Time (Mon-Fri, 8 am-5 pm)
- Overtime is available.
- Looking for an upbeat person that communicates well
- You must possess good customer service and phone skills
- Previous experience is a considered a plus.
- Individual must be focused and able to retain knowledge quickly.
- Willing to travel to automotive trade shows.
- Work well in a professional manner with the public.
- You must have a working knowledge of flywheel, clutch, hydraulic system, transmission setup to build on.
- High School Degree required; college degree preferred.
- Automotive knowledge and experience are required.
- You must be able to Operate Windows 10 and later PC operating system
- Having the ability to work in Microsoft Suite including:
- Outlook, Excel, Word, and Quick Books
- Familiarity with Teams software would be a plus.
- Answering phone incoming calls, calling customers as needed
- Writing estimates & answering technical questions by phone or email communication.
- Respond to sales e-mails, daily
- Assist with technical customer support by phone and email.
- Additional tasks involve working in MDL-sponsored forums to support MDL-related business.
- Coordinating with our shipping & logistics Team.
* On-the-job training will be provided *
- 401(k) Plan (which includes a matching program)
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Life Insurance availability
- Paid time off
- A friendly team, work environment