First generation Mustangs were never designed to handle and corner up to our modern day expectations - but they can with Hotchkis! Our new Lower Crossmember Brace will bolt-in and instantly increase the uni-body’s structural strength improving your classic Mustang’s stability and handling.
Chassis stiffness is vital to a great driving Mustang. Once bolted in place, the strong Crossmember Brace ties the lower control arm mounts of your Mustang with the uni-body frame rails forming one secure assembly. This produces a solid foundation for the entire suspension system to function resulting in improved overall stability, steering feel and handling.
The direct-fit Crossmember Brace is handcrafted from premium DOM steel tubing and TIG welded in our “Race City” Mooresville, North Carolina fabrication shop. For great looks and longevity, the Braces are powder coated in satin black.
- Increases chassis rigidity by bridging the lower control arm mounts to the frame rails to form one solid assembly
- Dramatically improves the handling and stability of your classic Mustang
- Grade-8 hardware supplied for a direct bolt-in installation
- Supplied with Lock-Out Plates for consistent alignment specifications
- Designed for maximum oil pan and exhaust clearance
- Fabricated from 1.375” x 0.125 DOM steel tubing for strength
- Handcrafted in the USA and backed by our lifetime warranty