Welder Series Inc.
1932 Ford 3 Window CoupeFollow
Vehicle Quick Facts
Profile ID: 11382
Model: 3 Window Coupe
Markets: Rod & Custom
Vehicle Type: American
Contact: Welder Series Inc.
This build began as a way to showcase not only Welder Series parts, but also other products which we sold at the time. The body (Bear Fiberglass), wheels (Wheel Vintiques), air ride system (RideTech), steering column (ididit), u-joints (Borgeson), and instruments (Classic Instruments) were all items we used to carry when we built cars here. In 2005 when Paul Horton sold the business, the 32 was well underway and a pivot would have been difficult. The plan was to keep the body as-is (we even left the transport stickers on until they were taken off by a big rain in Louisville during the first week of being on the road) so that we could show people what they would get if they bought a Bear body. This decision created a road that was a challenge to stay on - every hole could only be drilled once, as there would be no interior to cover up a mistake.
The car was driven for the first time on Saturday August 1, 2009. On Monday August 3, I left for Louisville KY (~600 miles). Since then, it's been to Halifax NS, Texas, California, and a few places in between. I should flip 40,000 miles this summer (2016). It's never left me stranded which is a testament to the excellent products we used.
- Classic Instruments - Hot Rod series instruments - air pressure, oil pressure, volts, fuel, 2" tach, speedometer.
- Edelbrock - Intake, stainless mufflers.
- IDIDIT, LLC. - Steel tilt steering column.
- Lokar Performance Products - Throttle cable, kick-down cable, floor shifter & boot.
- Optima Batteries - Red top battery located in trunk.
- Powermaster Performance - Starter
- RideTech - 4" Shockwaves & air management system.
- Vintage Air - Heat/Air/Defrost system mounted under the dash.
- Welder Series Inc. - Chassis parts, engine mounts, front and rear four link kits, center section, front and rear Panhard kits, various brackets and tabs.