The folks at Guaranty Chevrolet and Chevrolet Performance Parts were gracious enough to contribute this 430 HP LS3 EFI Crate Engine with complete connect & cruise package. This 6.2-liter gen IV small block V8 is backed by a 4L65E transmission and is sure to give our project the extra kick it deserves. Holley contributed a GM retrofit oil pan built from high-quality cast aluminum that includes the sump baffle, sump plug, oil pump pickup tube, oil filter stud, and oil passage cover. Additional engine components were sent over from Powermaster including the ultra torque starter and alternator. Eddie Motorsports supplied the S-drive serpentine pulley & belt for our LS3 engine along with some matte black billet aluminum hood hinges.
Hotchkis came through with a complete TVS suspension package including upper and lower control arms, heavy-duty tie-rod sleeves, front and rear sway bars, lowering springs, shocks, trailing arms and all braces. This package will ensure smooth handling and performance for our modern classic. Wilwood Engineering sent over a front and rear brake system with master cylinder and lines included. The Wilwood parts are shown packaged below next to the complete differential assembly from Moser Engineering. The OPGI build team attached the trailing arms from Hotchkis as well. Classic Performance Parts (CPP) provided us with a LS engine install kit along with ceramic coated headers and steering gearbox. The kit should make for an easy engine install for the OPGI build team. Headers, transmission cross-member, and exhaust manifolds with head pipe adapters coming soon to OPGI. Engine mounts are FitRite. Magnaflow provided the Street Series cross-member back exhaust system shown below. The stainless steel mufflers and pipes are sure to provide optimal horsepower and torque and will be available for purchase on OPGI.com soon. Cold Case supplied a super duty 1.25″ aluminum performance radiator. The radiator is TIG welded 100% aluminum with 2 rows with dual 12-inch electric fans and aluminum shrouds. American Autowire supplied the wiring system with their Classic Update Kit. This kit includes everything the OPGI build team will need to complete the GTO’s wiring. Taylor sent over the aluminum battery box in order to keep the battery in the GTO secure. The battery box meets all NHRA rules and comes with all necessary mounting hardware. The black alloy HDX gauge cluster below was provided by Dakota Digital. The system includes all the sensors, hardware and wiring needed for quick installation. Detroit Speed provided a custom electric wiper motor kit that will cleanly mount into the GTO. Flaming River took care of the steering column and install accessories all shown still in the packaging below to ensure a quiet ride Flatline Barriers provided the insulation kit. The pre-cut deadener is cut to fit perfectly in our Tribute GTO. Nu-Relics provided a power window conversion kit that will bolt right into the original mounting holes. These are made in a 1018 cold-roll steel with a bronze oilite thrust bearing and treated metal. The Stealth Generation II fuel tank assembly was sent over from Aeromotive, along with the fuel pump and regulator. The tank assembly will enable a high-flow EFI pump and baffle to maintain an ample supply around the inlet of the pump and ensure a consistent fuel delivery. Lokar sent us their Midnight Series flexible braided stainless transmission dipstick featuring a flexible, heat-resistant PTFE rod with a black braided stainless steel cover along with the oil dipstick for LS series engines. The shifter assembly kit was provided by Shiftworks. The assembly includes an adjustable 30″ shifter cable, transmission cable bracket and shift lever, neutral safety/back up light switch, console indicator and all necessary mounting hardware. These lightweight wheels are designed to replicate the original Rally II and were provided courtesy of US Wheels. They are professionally cast and feature a durable powder coated finish for superior looks and performance. Front wheels are 17″ x 8″ and the rear are 17″x 9″. Thanks, to Distinctive Industries we have the complete interior along with Touring II Custom bucket seats in parchment.
JRD International provided a full set of glass for the entire vehicle including the windshield, door glass, vent glass, and quarter glass. Custom Autosound sent over a modern stereo with OEM style push buttons and knobs along with “The System” speaker and amplifier set. A car wouldn’t be complete without a nice steering wheel! Thanks to GT Performance the GTO will be stocked with this slick GT9 retro wood wheel with Pontiac crest horn button.
- 1966 Pontiac GTO “The Tribute” | Original Parts Group - Modern Stereo and CEM Style Push Buttons and Knobs, along with "The System" Speaker ad Amplifier Set
- Aeromotive Inc. - Stealth Generation II Fuel Tank Assembly, along with Full Tank and Regulator
- American Autowire - Wiring System with Their Own Classic Update Kit
- Chevrolet Performance - 430 HP LS3 ER Crate Engine
- Classic Performance Products | CPP - LS Engine Install Kit, along with Ceramic Coated Headers and Steering Gearbox
- Cold-Case Radiators - Super Duty 1.25" Aluminum Performance Radiator
- Dakota Digital - Black Alloy HDX Gauge Cluster
- Detroit Speed, Inc. - Custom Electric Wiper Motor Kit that Will Mount Cleanly
- Eddie Motorsports, Inc. - S-Drive Serpentine and Belt; Matte Black Billet Aluminum Hood Hinges
- Flaming River Industries - Steering Column and Install Accessories
- Flatline Barriers - Provided the Insulation Kit
- GT Performance Products - GT9 Retro Wood Wheel with Pontiac Crest Horn Button
- Holley Performance Products - GM Retrofit Oil Pan; Sump Baffle; Sump Pllug; Oil Pump Pickup Tube; Oil Filter Stud and Oil Passage Cover
- Hotchkis Sport Suspension - TVS Suspension Package, including Upper and Lower Control Arms; ; Heavy Duty Tie-rod Sleeves; Front and Rear Sway Bars; Lowering Springs; Shocks; trailing Arms and all Braces
- JRD International - Full Set of Glass for the Entire Vehicle, including the Windshield, Door Glass, Vent Glass and Quarter Glass
- Lokar Performance Products - Midnight Series Flexible Braided Stainless Transmission Dipstick; Oil Heat Resistant PTFE Rod Dipstick
- MagnaFlow - Street Series Cross-Back Exhaust System
- Moser Engineering - Complete Differential Assembly
- Nu-Relics Power Windows - Provided a Power Window Conversion Kit that Will Bolt into the Mounting Holes
- Powermaster Performance - Engine Component including the Ultra Torque Starter and Alternator
- Shiftworks - Shifter Assembly Kit. The Assembly Includes an adjustable 30" Shifter Cable, Transmission Cable Braket and Shift Lever, Neutral Safety/Back-up Light Switch, Console Indicator and all Necessary Mounting Hardware
- US Wheel Corp. - Light Weight Wheels Designed to Replicate the Original Rally II; Front 17" x 8" and Rear 17" x 9"
- Wilwood Disc Brakes - Front and Rear Brake System with Master cylinder and Lines included