This Mercury started life out with automatic transmission & stock engine. Now there is a 347 living under the hood and an MDL modified Front shift T5 5-speed for better driveability. Modern DriveLine supplied an entire 5-speed package to convert this from automatic to manual, including an aluminum bell, Flywheel, clutch pedal cross member, and mount.
Getting power to the ground is a Superior clutch. Making clutching easy is an MDL hydraulic clutch setup, with an externally mounted slave cylinder.
The Comet has a 'rod n' custom' front-end/subframe upgrade as well.
To handle the shifting duties inside the car a classic Hurst Lever with a white shift ball dresses the car nicely.
- Bellhousing: Modern Driveline | MDL - Aluminum - 6-bolt SB Ford
- Clutch Assembly: Modern Driveline | MDL - Superior brand, Kevlar facings
- Clutch Master Cyl.: Modern Driveline | MDL - Lightfoot Series
- Flywheel: Modern Driveline | MDL - Lighten Billet Steel Flywheel, Ford, 157 Tooth 28oz
- Shifter: Modern Driveline | MDL - MDL front shift/rear socket modified T5 Tailhousing
- Transmission: Modern Driveline | MDL - MDL modified Tremec T5z Ford 5-speed