Dart Vader started as and exercise in restraint.... how can we do more with less? A simple, no frills muscle car that had enough go, enough handling and enough stop - and just the right touches of resto-mod to set it apart from the crowd. The car was purchased as an unfinished project with a build long block, a body shell and and crates of parts as a personal project of mine. From there it was choosing the right parts combos, and creating a look for a sinister build.
The initial build started with paint work at Alloy Motors - the car was treated to PPG primers and went through many rounds of block sanding and gapping before House of Kolor BC-25 black base coat was sprayed with House of Kolor Clear on top. The finish was wet sanded and polished mirror smooth. The 360 v8 was dressed and installed with a Torqueflite 727 behind it, and a Chrysler 8.75 rear end. Wilwood Brakes and Hotchkis TVS kit. A simple stock interior with some added flair.
Shortly after the initial build - the car caught the eye of Mike Musto, and was featured on a YouTube episode of Big Muscle. That put Geoff's personal project and the shop on the map. Later on, the car was slated to be featured in a SEMA booth for Ron Francis Wiring. Not one to leave well enough alone, Geoff made some subtle styling changes to the interior and exterior of the car - as well as adding more or Ron Francis Products to the mix before the SEMA show. The small changes were a big impact - So much so that the car caught the eye of the editor of Mopar Muscle magazine at show load in. The car was then booked for a cover shoot that week and appeared in the May 2016 issue of Mopar Muscle magazine as cover / Feature car. Numerous online articles and videos quickly circulated about this car. Geoff then did what any sane gearhead would do and long hauled Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour in a magazine cover car.... because in his words "It's just a car, and it's meant to be driven"
The car was sold in 2017 at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale and is now housed in a private collection.
- Brake Calipers: Wilwood Disc Brakes - Wilwood dynalite
- Brake Rotors: Wilwood Disc Brakes
- Brakes: Wilwood Disc Brakes
- Master Cylinder: Wilwood Disc Brakes
- Shocks: Hotchkis Sport Suspension
- Suspension: Hotchkis Sport Suspension - Hotchkis TVS
- Sway Bars: Hotchkis Sport Suspension - Hotchkis
- Differential: Strange Engineering - Stra
- Alternator: Powermaster Performance
- Carburetor: Holley Performance Products
- Cylinder Heads: Edelbrock
- Exhaust Headers: Sanderson Headers
- Fittings: Earl’s Performance Plumbing
- Radiator: Griffin Thermal Products
- Gauges: RACEPAK
- Steering Column: Flaming River Industries
- Steering Wheel: Lecarra Steering Wheel
- Wiring: Ron Francis Wiring
- Auction: Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
- Photography: Mopar Muscle Magazine - Photography by Jorge Nunez, Blacktop Motoring, Geoff Gates