1968 Mercury CougarFollow
Vehicle Quick Facts
Profile ID: 43715
Markets: Muscle Car
Vehicle Type: American
Contact: KTL Restorations
1968 Mercury Cougar XR-7 Mod
Exterior: Custom "GT-E" inspired 2-tone. Deep Black with Silver bottom
Engine: 347 Stroker
Custom built for a client's teenage dream-come-true!
Back in highschool, Mike owned a beloved 1968 Cougar, but was not able to keep the car for financial reasons and had to sell it a short time later. In 2017, his long-time goals of having his dream-ride came true. KTL Restorations spent 2 cars building and designing the car he had always wanted. It was unveiled at Carlisle All-Ford Nationals and resides in Georgia with Mike and his family. It will one day be passed down to his grandson.
- Fasteners: AMK Products
- Springs: EATON Detroit Spring
- Sway Bars: Chris Alston’s Chassisworks
- Axle Shafts: Quick Performance
- Differential: Quick Performance
- Driveshaft: The Driveshaft Shop
- Gears: Yukon Gear & Axle
- Locker: EATON
- Tires: MICKEY THOMPSON TIRES & WHEELS
- Cylinder Heads: Edelbrock
- Fuel Injection: Edelbrock
- Ignition: MSD Performance
- Pulleys: March Performance
- Radiator: Griffin Thermal Products
- Car Care Products: Griots Garage Inc.
- Gaskets: Steele Rubber Products
- Paint & Primers: BASF Automotive Refinish - RM Paint / Refinish
- Weather Stripping: Steele Rubber Products
- Accessories: Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts
- Carpeting: Auto Custom Carpets, Inc.
- Heat & AC: Classic Auto Air - 1967-68 Mercury Cougar "A Perfect Kit" A/C
- Rust Prevention: POR-15 – High-Performance Restoration Coatings
- Seam Sealer: POR-15 – High-Performance Restoration Coatings
Equipment & Supplies
- Car Cover: Covercraft
- Polisher: Griots Garage Inc.
- Shop Supplies: 3M
- Shop Tools: INDASA Abrasives
- Shop wheels: GUNIWHEEL
- Spray Booth: Spanesi Americas
- Spray Equipment: SATA by Dan-AM Co.
- Tie Downs: Mac’s Tie Downs
- Welders: Spanesi Americas
- Paint & Bodywork: KTL Restorations
- Project Manager: KTL Restorations
- Upholstery: Speed & Design