This is my 2002 AU3 FORD FALCON XR8. The 302 Windsor is the Tickford built 220kW which ran the GT40P heads. It has the T5 gearbox and a 3.45:1 LSD in an independent rear suspension. The body kit is the Ford Racing option from factory.
In the 10 years of owning the XR8 I have made a few modifications as stock isn't enough for me. Starting from the front: SS Inductions Big Mouth CAI, K&N air filter, Ford Racing F-150 Lightning MAF, Plazma Man 4" intake pipe, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Edelbrock Performer Alloy Heads, YellaTerra roller rockers, Ford Performance pushrods, Ford Performance lifters, Ford Performance E303 Camshaft, Edelbrock Timing Chain and Gear Set, MSD Ignition coil packs, TopGun leads, NGK Iridium plugs, Mantapro 2.5" twin exhaust system, RAW 100 Cell Race series catalytic converters, Aeroflow fuel filter, Xtreme Clutch cushion ceramic clutch kit with lightened flywheel, Ford Performance bearing retainer, Steeda Tri-Ax short shifter, DBA T2 slotted discs, Bendix GCT pads, Monroe GT struts and shocks, King Springs lowered coils, and Whiteline 30mm front sway bar. Blue Power Racing Development tuned using SCT to bring 214rwkW and 550Nm of torque to the road. Makes the daily drive a heap more fun.
Eventually I plan on going to a 347 stroker for that extra hp and smile factor. Along with an upgraded gearbox and LSD to handle the extra pressure.
- Hardware: Summit Racing Equipment - ARP
- Clutch Assembly: Advanced Clutch Technology | ACT - Xtreme Clutch
- Flywheel: Advanced Clutch Technology | ACT - Xtreme Clutch
- Camshaft: Summit Racing Equipment - Ford Performance E303
- Coils: MSD Performance - MSD Ignition
- Cylinder Heads: Edelbrock - Edelbrock Performer
- Filters: K&N Engineering, Inc. - K&N
- Fuel Pump: Bosch-USA - Bosch
- Gaskets: Edelbrock - Edelbrock
- Ignition: MSD Performance - MSD Ignition
- Intake Manifold: Edelbrock - Edelbrock Performer
- Lifters: Summit Racing Equipment - Ford Performance
- Pushrods: Summit Racing Equipment - Ford Performance
- Timing Components: Edelbrock - Edelbrock