Bestop, the industry’s leading manufacturer of premium Jeep soft tops and accessories, has designed a brand-new custom Jeep for Platinum-selling entertainer Michael Ray. Having recently climbed to the top of the country radio charts for a third time with his latest single “One That Got Away,” Michael Ray is one of country music’s hottest stars. Known for his passion exploring the Nashville backcountry when he isn’t performing across North America, the UK or Australia, Ray celebrated the success of his latest No. 1 by partnering with Bestop Premium Accessories Group (BPAG) and Nashville’s Music City 4×4 to create a new, one-of-a-kind soft top rig to enjoy this summer.
It was no accident that Ray partnered with Bestop. As a longtime Jeep owner and enthusiast, the hitmaker knew about the Bestop brand and its commitment to quality. With a passion for innovation and an always new, evolving product suite aimed at delivering the very best, BPAG was pleased to work with Michael Ray alongside Nashville’s celebrated Music City 4×4.
BPAG also found it important to increase overall visibility. To improve Michael Ray’s vision exploring the backcountry, premium Baja Designs LP6 lights and a rock light kit were also added. PRP finished the Jeep off with beautiful custom JK seat covers that feature embroidered Michael Ray logos.
“I love driving my Jeep – there’s a freedom and creative fueling that happens between the fresh air and the music blaring,” shares Ray. “When Bestop came to me about partnering together, I immediately pictured the first time I played our demo version of ‘One That Got Away’ and that feeling of excitement, knowing what was potentially on the horizon. Bestop Premium Accessories Group completely reconfigured my JK into a new rig. Not only did they install the Trektop Pro soft top and all-new Core Doors, they also outfitted it with a custom lighting system from Baja Designs and custom embroidered seat covers from PRP. It’s been a game-changer for me as now I can’t wait to get home to cruise around, listening to what my next album entails as we’re writing and recording it and hearing how it sounds on the open road!”
Builder: Brian Creten, Music City 4x4, Madison, TN
Engine: 3.8L V-6, Superchips TrailDash2 tuner/monitor w/backup camera
Transmission: 42RLE 4-speed automatic
Transfer case: NVG 231
Low range ratio: 2.72:1
Wheels: 22x12 V-Rock Off-Road Wheels VR11x Anvil, Full Brush
- Baja Designs - Lighting; LP6 x 2; Rock Lights x 4; Squadron SAE Fog-Pocket Lights x 2; A-Pillar Mount Kit; S1 Compact LED Auxiliary Lights x 2
- Bestop - Supertop Ultra Top; Core Doors + Twill Uppers; Retracta; HOSS cart/cover system for original factory hard-top Roughrider Underseat Organizer, Roughrider Tailgate Shelfble Sunshade; Highrock 4x4 Modular Front & Rear Bumpers; Highrock 4x4 Front Bumper End Caps; Highrock 4x4 Tubular Grille Guard; Highrock 4x4 Oversize Tire Carrier; Highrock 4x4 Modular Skid Plate; Floor Liners
- Dana Incorporated - Front axle/differential: Dana 30, 3.73 gears; Rear axle/differential: Dana 44, 3.73 gears;
- Nitto Tire U.S.A. Inc. - 37x13.50R22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
- PRP Seats - Custom-embroidered PRP Seat Covers w/Michael Ray logo
- Rock Krawler Suspension - Suspension: Rock Krawler 3.5” Flex System
- Tuffy Security Products - Underseat Security Drawers; Deluxe Security Deck Enclosure; Center Console Lock Box; Hood Lock