Mick and his Boss 302 was introduced to us as a weekend cruiser with the goal of becoming a regular at the local track days in the PNW. With that information we worked with Mick to take steps towards the final goal without going over board. We started out with a rear end ratio change from Ford Performance, Whiteline front sway bar, and an Magnaflow axle back exhaust with Cobalt Friction brake pads and a fluid flush. Mick drove the car for the next few weeks and found a new love for his vehicle but that did not stop him there.
He came back to us with some great feed back that now the car has a little too much roll and lacked confidence in corners. We set Mick up with a set of 1-Way adjustable suspension from Motion Control Suspension that allowed the balance of street and track driving. Best part about this set up is due to the quality of shocks this allowed us to run higher spring rates focused directly at track driving and still maintaining a calm street car. We finished the vehicle off this around with a 4-point harness from Schroth plus a corner balance and alignment to supply Mick with a consistent car to build confidence.
Now that we had a great car and a solid base to build from Mick started to have some fun and it all started with a simple tune and intake. We had AED Performance whip up a tune with some idle lope pared with a AIRAID Cold air intake system to start things off, then we added a set of APEX EC-7's in 18x10's with 275/40ZR18 Nitto NT01's for the track and off we were off to the track. Mick was having blast until we found the limits of the factory rotor size. Next came a set of AP Racing Radi-Cal 6 Piston big brake kit for the front and we were back in business but it did not stop there. Mick talked of faster engine response time and more noise. Kooks had him covered with their Medium length 1.75" headers with X-Pipe that we had coated in Swain Tech's White Lightning to help reduce the engine bay temperatures. During the header install we removed the transmission and replace the factory clutch and flywheel with the light weight steel flywheel from Clutch Masters matted with a Ceramic clutch disc. We had the tune updated and made 413whp and 366wtq.
For the final piece of this build at this time we installed a Watson 4 point roll bar.
- AP Racing Radi-Cal 6 Piston Big Brake Kit
- Cobalt Friction Racing Brake Pads
- Motion Control Suspension 1-Way Shocks
- Eibach Springs
- Ground Control Camber Plate
- Vorshlag Rear Heavy Duty Shock Mounts
- Whiteline Front Sway Bar
- Kooks 1.75 inch Medium Length Headers and X-Pipe
- Magnaflow Axle Back Exhaust
- AIRAID Cold Air Intake System
- AED Performance Tune with Idle Lope
- Ford Performance 4.10 Ring and Pinion
- Clutch Masters Lightweight Steel Flywheel
- Clutch Masters Full Race Ceramic Clutch Disc
- Ford Racing Billet Shifter
- Steeda Motor Mount Set
- Torque Solutions Transmission Mount Insert
- Watson Racing 4 Point Roll Bar
- Schroth Quick Fit Pro Harness
- Apex EC-7 Wheels - 18x10” ET43
- Nitto NT01 – 275/40ZR18