YouTube = The $500,000 Truck by AutotopiaLA
This amazing truck was brought to Needfulthingz Hot Rod Shop in Lancaster, Ca. for total redesign and restoration by the owner in 2014. Since the Truck had a Coyote 5.0 engine, the customer wanted the paint color to be brown and we live in the high desert, the name "The Coyote" was born. This theme based truck represents our idea of what Wile E. Coyote would have built if he wanted to chase down that crazy old Roadrunner! Owner-Operator of Needfulthingz Hot Rod Shop, Lukasz Granicy, put his heart & soul into this build. With his expertise and creative innovational foresight, no aspect of this truck was untouched. TIG welded from the frame up, The Coyote came to life! Thanks to our multipal generous sponsors and our staff's devotion, The Coyote has become a fan favorite at SEMA and a contestant in Battle of the Builders along with various shows through out California.
- Unique eye catching truck concept theme includes a very desirable pro-touring Restomod appearance combining performance and subtle asthetics for a clean old school/new school modern look.
- Mustang 5.0 coyote engine with a whipple supercharged blower on modern engine with a pro-touring street truck feel producing 700 horsepower.
- Body mods include a tig welded 3” roof chop, multiple shavings: Rain gutters, fresh air vent, gas fill, side vents and bumper holes along with a redesign of the front valence roll pan and Frenched tail lights.
- Front suspension includes a TCI front mustang 2 clip, slam specialty bags w/Accuair ride control, and viair dual compressors, fox shocks w/custom dimple dyed top shock brackets, 14 Wilwood brakes, 20 x 8.5” Boyd’s HRBB wheels wrapped in 245/35/20 Nitto extreme ZR radials.
- Rear suspension is a custom fabricated upside down triangulated 4 link w/adjustable weight distribution cantilevered system, fox shocks w/dimple dyed brackets, Currie F9 rear end, boxed and Z framed, 14” Wilwood brakes, 20 x 15” Boyd’s HRBB wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompson AR sportsman radials.
- Custom bed with smooth sides and rolling stained pressed mahogany wood that flows from the front portion of the bed as seen in old wooden architecture. The bed rises with actuatures and showcases the powder coated frame and brushed metals along with a hidden rear floating suspended air system. The machined and laser cut components are neatly tucked underneath the richly hand crafted pressed wooden bed floor.
- Custom fabricated exhaust system that basically replaces the running board concept with a frame hugging appearance.
- Interior showcases a theme oriented luxuriously upholstered cab along with a custom hand crafted mahogany center console and Restomod styled gauge cluster.
Professional photos by Brian McGee
Here is a list of the sponsors...
- ACCUAIR SUSPENSION
- AEM PERFORMANCE
- AEROMOTIVE FUEL SYSTEMS
- BENT RIM ALLOY WHEELS
- BRAKE QUIP
- C-T SOUNDS
- DAKOTA DIGITAL
- EDDIE MOTORSPORTS
- ENERGY SUSPENSION
- FOX FACTORY
- INLAND EMPIRE DRIVELINE
- KENNE BELL
- LMC TRUCK
- LOKAR PERFORMANCE
- MID 50 F-100 PARTS
- MILLER WELDERS
- OPTIMA BATTERIES
- PAINLESS PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS
- POWERMASTER MOTORSPORTS
- PPG REFINISH
- QUIET RIDE SOLUTIONS
- REDHORSE PERFORMANCE
- SLAM SPECIALITIES
- SPARCO MOTORSPORTS
- SPYDER AUTO
- SPECIALITY SUSPENSION
- S. RADIATOR
- VIAIR CORP.
- VINTAGE AIR, INC.
- Wilwood Engineering
- ACCUAIR SUSPENSION - Air management system
- AEM Performance Electronics - Infinity standalone engine management system
- Aeromotive Inc. - Fuel system
- B&M Racing & Performance Products - Transmission coolers
- Billet Specialties - Steering Wheel
- Currie Enterprises - Fab 9 rearend
- Dakota Digital - Gauges
- Dapper Lighting - Custom #7 yellow headlights
- Eddie Motorsports, Inc. - Hood Hindges & Parts
- Energy Suspension - Bushings
- Fox - Shocks
- IDIDIT, LLC. - Touch-N-Go steering column
- Inland Empire Driveline Service - Driveshaft
- Intro Wheels - 20×8.5 and 20×15 Intro Vista II Wheels
- Kenne Bell - 3.2 supercharger
- LMC Truck - Various F-100 Parts
- Lokar Performance Products - Shifter & Multipal Parts
- MagnaFlow - 3" Exhaust System, Headers
- MICKEY THOMPSON TIRES & WHEELS - 18"X15" SR Sportsman Radials
- Optima Batteries - 2 Batteries
- Painless Performance Products - Wire harness and accessories
- Powermaster Performance - Starter, Alternator
- PPG Industries Inc. - Coyote Brown Paint
- Redhorse Performance - Fittings
- Slam Specialties - Bags and manifold
- Sparco - Seats
- Total Cost Involved Engineering Inc. - Front Mustang II IFS
- US Radiator - Triple-flow polished radiator
- Vintage Air - Gen 11 AC/Heat
- Wilwood Disc Brakes - 14” disc brakes w/ 6-and 4-piston calipers
- Needfulthingz Hot Rod Shop L.L.C. - Builder, Fabrication