1953 Cadillac Convertible – Ryan’s Rod & KustomFollow
Project Quick Facts
Profile ID: 13130
Markets: Classic & Antique, Performance, Rod & Custom
Vehicle Type: American
Contact: The School of Automotive Machinists & Technology | SAM Tech
- Alumicraft - Trim & accesories
- Boom Mat - Sound deadening
- Lokar Performance Products - Shifter, Pedals, Cables
- RideTech - Stainless four bar in the rear, Shockwaves on all 4 corners
- Wilwood Disc Brakes - Polished 6-piston brakes with 14" drilled and slotted rotors
- ididit, Inc. - Steering Column
- Ryan’s Rod & Kustom - Complete Build, Body & paint
This 1953 Convertible belongs to Cal and Christina and like so many of the cars we have built, they are a repeat customer. Cal is a big guy and wants a big car for comfort on those long cruises but he also has an addiction to horsepower.
We starterd with a Fatman stage V front stub and added a Ridetech stainless four bar in the rear, with Ridetech shockwaves on all 4 corners. The brakes are polished 6-piston Wilwoods with huge 14" drilled and slotted rotors. The wheels are one off 20" with integral wide whitewalls cut by Mike at Curtis Speed. For power he chose the reliable 505 hp LS-7 and 4l70e in the form of a connect and cruise package from GM.
Chuck at Hot Rod Interiors handled the custom leather interior which compliments the PPG Punaluu stone paint and DCU 2002 clear.