We are looking to make this car have a classic look, with a new age twist. This will be our first build going to SEMA. The 210 is named after and dedicated to my wife's father, Howard, who was a hardworking, sugar cane farmer and family man. He was my mentor when it came to everyday life and business decisions. He had always encouraged everyone around him to pursue their dreams and do what they loved.
I am using the original chassis that will be sand blasted and painted or powder coated. The front suspension will consist of a Mustang II style independent, front suspension with rack and pinion steering. In the rear end of the car there is a custom six-inch C notch by Popeye's Rod Shop. As for air management, the car will be equipped with the Airlift 3H system backed by Viair compressors. The selection for wheels will be 20 x 9 Detroit Steel wheels on 245/35ZR20 white wall tires.
The engine that will be powering the four-door sedan will be a 6.0LS backed by a 4L80E transmission that will be painted to match the chassis. Looking from the outside, the engine will have a Vintage Air front runner system and stainless Sanderson headers followed by Flowmaster HP2 exhaust. The engine will be equipped with a 228/232 112 LSA Texas Speed cam. The car will be tuned by Futral motorsports out of Walker, Louisiana.
The car will be painted Denim Blue with a Cream-colored top. All seals, weather stripping and windows will be replaced not only for esthetics, but also for a quiet ride much like a modern-day vehicle. The chrome moldings, bumpers, and grill has been reworked and polished. The undercarriage will be coated with Lizard Skin to reduce heat ad protect the body of the car.
The car will be outfitted with Buckskin Distressed Leather seats that include Sonnet Sublime Jewel Floral inserts. New carpet color matched to the seat from ACC will line the floor. An ididit Column will be utilized to keep the original look with the luxury of updated steering performance. Being that the three on the tree shifter will be removed with the original column, a Lokar Shifter will be integrated into the transmission tunnel. The dash has been tailored to accommodate the Vintage Air Gen IV for efficient and reliable cooling and heating. Dakota Digital VHX gauges will be used in replacement of the old, traditional style gauges. Last, but not least the build will have a Memphis audio sound system installed for a crisp sound and a clean look.
Our goal is to build a car that will catch the eyes of not only people in the show scene, but everyday people on the street.
- 3M - Paint Supplies
- ACC Performance Plus, Inc - Carpet
- Air Lift Company - 3H Air Management, Air Bags and Tank
- Auburn Gear - Differential
- BASF Automotive Refinish - R-M Paint
- Champion Radiators.com - Radiators
- Dakota Digital - Gauges
- Detroit Steel Wheel Co. - Mobsteel Delray Wheels
- Digital Guard Dawg - Keyless Ignition
- Eckler Industries - Grill and Bumpers
- Flowmaster - HP2 Mufflers
- FTI Converters, LLC - Torque Converter
- Futral Motorsports - ECM Tune
- Gabriel - Shocks
- Holley Performance Products - Mid Mount Front Runner
- JEGS - Parts
- Lexani Performance Tires - Tires
- Lokar Performance Products - Shifter, Dipsticks and Pedals
- Moroso Performance Products - Spark Plug Wires
- Optima Batteries - Battery
- Painless Performance Products - Chassis and Engine Harness
- RAPTOR - Body Undercoating
- Richmond Gear - Ring and Pinion Set
- Sanden USA - AC Compressor
- Speedway Motors, Inc. - Column, Rotors, Calipers, Mustang II
- Steele Rubber Products - Weather Stripping
- Summit Racing Equipment - General Parts
- Texas Speed & Performance - Cam
- United Pacific - Lighting
- VIAIR Corporation - 444 Compressors
- Vibro Solutions - Sound Deadening
- Vintage Air - Gen IV AC Unit