Glen Martyn has owned the ’66 Mustang for the past 23 years, after buying it from the original owner. It was his first muscle car and he has been a muscle car fanatic forever,” Glen said he bought it because he had always loved this body style. Plus, it was in good shape. He is only the second owner.
This Mustang was entrusted to Bill Richman at RRC Fabrication and Speed of Upland, California for the body modifications as well as most of the work on the project including installing the TCI suspension, wiring, and more. During its time under the knife the quarter panel was repaired, the door handles were replaced with modern flush/inset style pieces, the radio was removed, and air duct bezels were installed using ’57 Chevy instrument gauges. The metal hood had a bond-on hood scoop added, which has been riveted with exposed aircraft-grade stainless bolts.
They had 90 days to get paint, motor, and upholstery done in time to go to SEMA in Las Vegas.
For the complete story on this beautiful build, click on https://www.stangtv.com/features/car-features/turn-glen-martyns-1966-mustang-fastback/
- Boom Mat - Sound Deadning
- Chino Hills Transmission - Ford AOD Transmission
- Crane Cams - Roller Rocker Arms
- Currie Enterprises - Axles
- Dynacom - Wiring
- Dynomax Performance Exhaust - VT Muffler 3" Pipes
- Holley Performance Products - 830 CFM Mechanical Mixer Carburetor; Weiand Original Intake Manifold
- Hooker Exhaust Systems - Lon Tube Headers
- ISKY Racing Cams - Hydraulic Roller Camshaft
- LTR Racing Engines - Gas Engine Build
- MSD Performance - Ignition Box
- Pertronix Performance Products - Ignition Parts
- PRO COMP USA - Wheels
- RESTOMOD AIR - A/C
- RideTech - Struts and Adjustable Coilovers
- TCI Automotive - Suspension; adjustable coilover shocks and sub-frame connectors to keep the body stiff
- Wilwood Disc Brakes - Brakes
- RRC FABRICATION AND SPEED - Builder
- Racing Power (RPC) - Miscellaneous Parts