1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supercharged 6.2 LSA Engine Swap
This very nice 1968 Oldsmobile 442 is wearing a crisp restoration and features some modified parts intended to give this car better handling and drivability. It’s not a numbers-matching W30 car, although it looks like one. It’s got 17” American Racing wheels, Wilwood brakes with a Hydratech hydraulic brake assist unit, Hotchkis control arms and sway bars, and a few other goodies. It’s powered by a big block Olds engine, but the owner wanted increased reliability, as he drives this car on cross country trips. His solution is a GM LSA supercharged 6.2 liter V8 “Connect & Cruise Kit” which also provides an overdrive transmission. It’s not an Oldsmobile engine, but the owner has several other numbers matching 442 W30 cars, and this one is not a “numbers matching car”, and he likes the technology and abilities of the LSA engine and the 4L85E transmission.
This is part 1 of a 6 video series in which we upgrade a 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass with a modern supercharged GM LSA 6.2 liter Connect & Cruise engine and transmission. Follow along as we cover the whole process in this series.
We invite you to contact the V8 Speed and Resto Shop anytime at 314.783.8325 for a Corvette LS Swap or any type of LS Swap in a classic or muscle car.
V8 Speed & Resto Shop
817 S. Main Street
Red Bud,IL 62278
Take a tour of the V8 Speed & Resto Shop!
#lsa #cutlass #v8tv #lsswap #lsaswap #v8speed #v8speedshop
- Aeromotive Inc. - high pressure fuel pump
- American Racing Equipment - 17” American Racing wheels
- C&R Racing, Inc. - Zl1 Heat Exhchanger
- Dakota Digital - Speedo Cable Converter
- EATON - Detroit Tru-Trac limited-slip differential, 31 spline axles, 3.73:1 gear ratio
- Flowmaster - Mufflers
- G Force Performance Products - Crossmember
- Holley Performance Products - LS conversion oil pan, Hooker Trans Crossmember, Hooker Ceramic headers, Hooker Engine Mount Brackets
- Hotchkis Sport Suspension - Control arms and Sway bars
- Hydratech Braking Systems - Hydraulic brake assist unit
- II Much - II Much Vent, floor mount
- Jet-Hot High Performance Coatings - Exhaust powdercoating
- Moser Engineering - 12 Bolt Rear Axle
- Original Parts Group - Battery tray, Pedal Pad Trim
- Spal Automotive USA - Cooling fans
- Tanks Inc. - EFI ready fuel tank
- Tech AFX - Black hose for an O.E. level of performance
- VaporWorx - Fuel controller
- Vintage Air - HVAC, ac drier
- Wilwood Disc Brakes - Disc brake kit, Axle bearing retainers
- V8 Speed & Resto Shop - Builder