We have been working on this particular shop project for quite some time now. It was originally supposed to be a chassis swap with modern power train. Basically remove the body from one chassis and drop it down on another.
However, some projects never go as planned.
The original body work on this #1969 #Beaumont, has been cut and gaped. We added an original grain fabric vinyl top, from Legendary Auto Interiors, to add a touch of class. The original interior was gutted, and in its place we used 2006 #Pontiac #GTO Seats, Cadillac CTS console, and a vast array of original #General Motors equipment to put it back together. FESLER BUILT door panels where highly modified for use in this build as was everything else in the project. Katzkin covers were used for the recovery of the buckets and modified to fit the altered rear seat. Auto Custom Carpets supplied the black cut-pile rug for the floor.
Wiring in the project was done using an American Autowire Harness Retro Fit for a 68-69 Chevelle. A Phantom Products Touch Start system is used for power and security. As well, some specialty machining was done to create custom power window switches using the same Phantom Product technology. Nu-Relics power window kits where installed both front and rear. Dakota Digital gauges are fitted in the dash, their MVX gauges where given a custom look for this car, providing a one off look and giving the dash a unique feel.
Suspension upgrades where mild for this sort of build. The Global West front control arms where modified for use with coil overs, as originally they where set up for coil and shock. Rear suspension was converted to coil over using a rear kit from ABC Performance. Stopping power is done with Wilwood 4 Wheel disks, prop valve and master.
The power plant for the build is an LS2, with a great custom cam, spec'd by Kevin Winstead of Comp Cams. Topped with a FAST intake and AFR Cylinder Heads. Holley Performance Drive kit mounts the power steering and A/C units. Cold air is kept circulating the interior from Vintage Air, a kit modified for the Beaumont and smooth firewall application.
There were a lot of people and suppliers involved in this build from the beginning, it has been fun learning and working with all of them.
- ABC Performance - Smooth Firewall kit, rear coil over kit
- Air Flow Research | AFR - Mongoose Cylinder Heads
- American Autowire - 69 Chevelle Classic Update Kit
- BASF Automotive Refinish - Glasurit "Ruby Red" paint
- Bowler Performance - Custom Switch Machining, Touch-N-Go Ignition
- Budnik Wheels - G10 Wheels: 18x8 front, 18x10 rear
- Comp Cams - Custom ground "High Energy" camshaft
- Dakota Digital - Custom 69 GTO VHX Gauges
- Detroit Speed, Inc. - 69 Chevelle Selecta Speed Wiper Kit
- Dewitts Radiator - Radiator
- Dirty Dingo Motorsports - Engine mounts
- EATON - Truetrac differential and 4.11 gears
- FAST- Fuel Air Spark Technology - 92MM LSX Intake manifold
- Global West Suspension - Coilover front suspension
- Holley Performance Products - Drive system
- IDIDIT, LLC. - 69 Chevelle Black Powder Coated Column W/o Ignition
- Kooks Headers & Exhaust - Long tube swap headers
- MagnaFlow - 2.5 inch Stainless Steel exhaust system
- Nitto Tire U.S.A. Inc. - Invo Tires
- Nu-Relics Power Windows - Power Windows
- Powermaster Performance - 150 amp alternator
- QA1 - Adjustable coilovers
- RideTech - 2" drop spindles with raised ball joints, Muscle car sway bars
- Spal Automotive USA - Electric fans
- Steele Rubber Products - Weather stripping / Seals
- Tanks Inc. - Fuel injection tank, InLine tube stainless steel lines
- TCI Automotive - Street Fighter 4L60E transmission
- Unisteer Performance Products - Rack and Pinion steering unit
- Vintage Air - Gen IV Air Conditioning controller
- Wilwood Disc Brakes - Brakes: 13" discs 6 piston front and rear
- JH Restorations - Complete Build