JCG Restoration & Customs
Vehicle Quick Facts
Profile ID: 13742
Markets: Muscle Car, Performance
Vehicle Type: American
Contact: JCG Restoration & Customs
Who knew creating a one off custom muscle car could cause such a ruckus? The JCG 1970 Challenger stirred up quite a fuss, particularly among purist Mopar fans.
This turnkey car has received a tremendous amount of press including a feature in Hot Rod Magazine. Auto enthusiasts admire the ingenuity and creativity of the build while Mopar purists are less than pleased to see a V-code car undergo such a dramatic transformation.
Making its official debut at the 2014 SEMA show, the JCG 1970 Challenger features a big 416 cubic inch LS engine with a Dailey Engineering dry sump oil pan. A VaporWorx fuel system feeds the beast and all those spent exhaust fumes are pushed through a Borla exhaust matted to Kooks headers.
JCG integrated a number of their own products on the car, including their own custom gas tank, custom built fender flairs and spoiler. It also features modified front and rear suspension with JRi coilovers and a SR-1 road race T56 transmission built by RPM with a Speedway Engineering floater rear end.
Wilwood Disc Brakes provide the stopping power and Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (305/30ZR19 & 345/30ZR19) wrapped around Forgeline ZX3R wheels (19×11 & 19×12) provide plenty of grip. The hood, trunk and bumpers are supplied by ARR Fiberglass and Plum Crazy is responsible for the deep purple finish. Inside the cab a Sparco steering wheel and seats keep the driver comfortable and in control while Speed Hut Gauges with Aim Sports data acquisition keeping tabs on all the vitals.
The JCK/KD 1970 Challenger LS Conversion is known and recognized around the world thanks to Hot Rod Magazine and other publications and has received a great deal of exposure on social media.
- AIRAID - Filters
- Borla Performance - Mufflers
- Dailey Engineering - Dry sump oil pan
- Derale Performance - Fans
- Forgeline Motorsports - ZX3R Wheels
- JCG Restoration & Customs - Builder, Sheet metal fab, Fuel tank, Body and Paint
- JRI Shocks - Coilovers
- Kooks Headers & Exhaust - Headers
- Mast Motorsports - LS3
- Michelin - Pilot Super Sport tires (305/30ZR19 & 345/30ZR19)
- Sparco - Steering wheel and seats
- Speedhut Custom Gauges - Gauges
- Wilwood Disc Brakes - Disc Brakes
- Ultimate Performance - Race prep, shock tuning
- Hot Rod Magazine - Professional photo credit