DEI, the industry leader in automotive thermal protection and sound control, announces the completion of a 1968 Camaro project car; the handiwork of DEI employees. The ‘68 Camaro project car is serving as a test mule of what can be accomplished using a wide range of DEI branded products. In addition to DEI exhaust wrap and thermal protection products, the car features Boom Mat interior vibration damping material and Under Carpet Lite thermal and acoustic insulation. For added power, DEI added a Ny-Trex nitrous oxide injection system and is keeping components cool for maximum performance with a CryO2™ cryogrenic intake air charge cooling system. DEI’s Radiator Relief radiator coolant additives are used for added protection.
The ’68 Camaro project is powered with a 350 crate engine from Summit Racing Equipment, a Flowmaster dual exhaust system, and MSD ignition system. The steel gray Camaro has an eye catching Dakota Digital Camaro VHX Analog/Digital gauges, a Lokar shifter, door handles and pedals, it also has a Goodmark Industries metal cowl hood and body panels. Ridetech air ride suspension kit and Flaming River rack and pinion steering system, steering column and steering wheel ensures this Camaro can handle the corners at top speed, with passengers protected with a front seat G-Force seat belt safety harness and stop on a dime with a power disc brake kit from SSBC on all four corners.
- Boom Mat - Vibration Damping materials & Acoustic Installation
- Dakota Digital - VHX Analog/Digital Gauges
- Design Engineering, Inc. | DEI - Exhaust Wraps,Thermal Protection & Ny-Trex nitrous Oxide Injection System
- Flaming River Industries - Rack & Pinion Steering System, Steering Column, & Steering Wheel
- Lokar Performance Products - Shifter, Door Handles & Pedals
- RideTech - Air Ride Suspension