Villain is a '69 Camaro that we were in the process of building for a customer. The customer got sick and asked if we could try to sell it for him with the 327ci motor and automatic transmission he had for the car. We had just recently sold our last shop build, a '65 Chevelle, and were looking for another. Knowing all of the prior work was done the right way, we decided to buy the Camaro from the customer. Almost all of the metal work was completed already and the Detroit Speed subframe and Quadralink had been installed as well.
Rewind to the story of the motor... We were building a '67 Chevelle for a customer set to go to SEMA and we had purchased this 900hp Mast Motorsports LS3 with a 2.9L Whipple blower on it for the car. The customer decided to drop the project and we were left with this motor as well as a set of Forgeline CV3C wheels, which we are also using on the 1970 Chevelle Nova “Revamp”.
The car was intended to be a quick one for us to flip until Justin (BMC owner) and I were chatting about carbon fiber parts in the shop one day, which lead to us making a deal with Anvil Auto. The car is now equipped with full carbon wide front fenders, deep tub inner wheel wells, extractor hood, rear and side view mirrors, chin spoiler and rear spoiler, front bumper, header panel, cowl panel, closeout panel, sill plates, and door handles. After that, we decided to ditch the 327 and throw in the Mast Motorsports supercharged LS3 mated to a Tremec T56 built by Bowler Transmissions.
We have since acquired sponsorship/partnership with Detroit Speed (suspension and headlight motors), Nu-Relics (power windows), Ron Davis Racing Radiators (radiator and heat exchanger), All American Billet (stainless washers), Restomod Air (Bluetooth controlled AC and billet vents), Baer Brakes (14" rotors with nickel plated 6 piston calipers), Dapper Lighting (custom headlights), Black Widow Exhaust (Neighborhater mufflers), GearFX (9" rear end), BASF (paint), Gillin Custom Design (custom interior), Rick’s Tanks (stainless gas tank), Odyssey Batteries, and Ultimate Headers. Fesler Built also provided us with flush mount front and rear glass, hood hinges, trunk hinges, door strikers, jamb vents, and parking lights.
Villain will also feature door locks and a trunk popper from Electric Life, Holley standalone dash, Nu-Relics power windows, Bowler Transmissions “Razor” shifter and shift knob, Toyo Proxes R888R tires, a Momo steering wheel, Rothspeed machined parts, Focal speakers, JVC head unit, Procar racing seats, Cipher 5-point harnesses, Flaming River keyless steering column, carbon fiber switches, push button start, The Shop LLC kick panels and more.
We shaved the firewall on the car, made a custom rear bumper, shaved the trunk lock, and are building a custom exhaust for it with the mirror polished Ultimate Headers and Race Venom mufflers. The wide front fenders will take the car from having the tapered look that '69s do to more of an hourglass shape. This allows us to run 19x10.5" wheels with 305 tires in the front (20x12.5 rears with 325 tires).
Gillin Interiors will be building a console that runs from the front of the car to the rear. They are also deleting the rear seat and making custom door panels and a totally custom trunk.
The car will debut this year at SEMA in the Mast Motorsports booth. We have also entered it into the Battle of the Builders contest as well. Next year we plan to take the car to multiple Goodguys car shows as well as Shades of the Past and others. We are obviously hoping to take home a few awards during show season. This build is a great chance for BMC to show off our work and hopefully attract new clients.
- All American Billet - Stainless Washers
- Anvil Auto Inc. - Full Carbon Wide Front Fenders; Deep Tub Inner Wheel Wells; Extractor Hood; Rear and Side View Mirrors; Chin Spoiler and Rear Spoiler; Front Bumpers; Header Panel; Cowl Panel; Closeout Panel; Sill Plates and Door Handles
- Baer Brakes - 14" Rotors with Nickel Plated
- BASF Automotive Refinish - Paint
- Black Widow Exhaust - Neighborhater Mufflers
- Bowler Performance - "Razor" Shifter and Shift Knob
- Cipher Auto - 5-Point Harnesses
- Dapper Lighting - Custom Headlights
- Detroit Speed, Inc. - Subframe and Quadralink; Suspension and Headlight Motors
- Electric Life - Door Locks and Trunk Popper
- Fesler USA - Flush Mount Front and Rear Glass; Hood Hinges; Trunk Hinges, Door Strikers; Jamb Vents, and Parking Lights
- Flaming River Industries - Keyless Steering Column; Carbon Fiber Switches; Push Button Start
- Focal - Speakers
- Forgeline Motorsports - CV3C Wheels
- GearFX Driveline - 9" Rear End
- Gillin Custom Design - Custom Interior
- Holley Performance Products - Standalone Dash
- JVC - Head Unit
- Mast Motorsports - Super Charged LS3
- MOMO - Steering Wheel
- Nu-Relics Power Windows - Power Windows
- Odyssey Battery - Batteries
- POR-15 – High-Performance Restoration Coatings - Coating/sealer
- PROCAR by Scat - Racing Seats
- RESTOMOD AIR - Blue Tooth Controlled AC with Billet Vents
- Rick’s Tanks - Stainless Gas Tank
- Ron Davis Racing Products - Radiator and Heat Exchanger
- Rothspeed - Machine Parts
- SATA by Dan-AM Co. - Spray equipment
- Toyo Tires - Proxes R888R Tires
- TREMEC - T-56 Transmission
- Ultimate Headers - Mirror Polished Headers
- Whipple Superchargers - 2.9L Supercharger
- Gillin Auto Interiors - Upholstery