“Defiant” | RingbrothersFollow
Vehicle Quick Facts
Profile ID: 35721
Markets: Muscle Car, Performance, Resto-Mod
Vehicle Type: American
“Defiant!” is arguably the wildest custom vehicle design ever crafted by the Wisconsin based car builders thanks to its extreme appearance, cutting-edge construction techniques and four-digit power output.
When Prestone approached Ringbrothers about the idea of building them a vehicle, the Rings already had a canvas in mind – a 1972 Javelin that had been rolling around their home town for over four decades. With an extremely compressed 12 month timeline, the duo decided to rely heavily on Solidworks digital design tools to render the car’s new panels, which were then brought to life in their machine shop and carbon fiber facility.
The Rings extended the Javelin’s wheelbase by moving the wheels forward six and a half inches. The car’s distinctive wheel arches were moved forward and recreated in carbon fiber to pair with a new hood, front fenders, grille and front valance. Other custom details include tail lights, bumpers, trim and engine bay accessories all machined out of blocks of aluminum at the Ringbrothers facility.
“Defiant!” is powered by a Wegner Motorsports 6.2-liter Hemi Mopar Hellcat engine fitted with a Whipple 4.5-liter Supercharger that produces a mind-boggling 1,036 horsepower. A Bowler automatic transmission backs the high-powered engine and a sturdy QA1 Carbon Fiber driveshaft transfers power to the wheels. Royal Purple engine and transmission oil assures the high-powered motor will be kept running smoothly, while a new Dodge Hellcat radiator and fan assembly ensures perfect running temperatures when filled with Prestone Antifreeze. Other engine highlights include a Holley Dominator fuel management system and wiring harness from Painless Wiring. The Javelin’s growl is audible via custom stainless steel Flowmaster headers and exhaust.
The newly extended wheelbase is supported by a Detroit Speed Hydroformed front subframe originally engineered for a Camaro. The Rings installed Detroit Speed rack and pinion steering, as well as front sway bars and RideTech shocks for a smooth ride. The front suspension is complemented by a Chevy 12-bolt rear end fitted with a custom four-link suspension built by the Rings.
- Aeromotive Inc. - Fuel Pump and Fuel Tank
- ARP – Automotive Racing Products - Fasteners
- Baer Brakes - Brakes, Front Caliper Specs-6S 6-Piston, Rear: Calipers Specs-6S 6-Piston
- BASF Automotive Refinish - Glasurit Paint
- Bowler Performance - Chevy 4L80E Automatic (good to 1,600 hp);Transmission
- Chevrolet Performance - 12-Bolt Rear End
- Classic Instruments - Gauges
- Detroit Speed, Inc. - Chassis & Front Suspension; Hydro Rack & Pinion; Front Sway Bar
- Dodge - Hellcat Radiator Fan Assembly
- Dynamat Inc. - Sound Deadening
- Flowmaster - Exhaust Manufacturer - 4.4 Stainless Steel
- Global Finishing Solution | BFS - Paint Booth
- Heatshield Products, Inc. - Exhaust Heat Insulation
- Holley Performance Products - Dominator Fuel Management System
- HRE Performance Wheels - Performance Wheels; Front: 20" x 11", Rear: 20" x 13"
- IDIDIT, LLC. - Steering Column
- KICKER - Stereo System
- Michelin - Tires, Front: 285/30/20, Rear: 335/30/20
- Miller - Welding Equipment
- MSD Performance - Ignition
- Painless Performance Products - Wiring Harness
- Prestone - Anti-Freeze; Steering Fluid
- QA1 - Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
- RideTech - Shock Manufacturer
- Ringbrothers - Custom Rear Suspension-4-Link and Headers
- Royal Purple - Oils/Fluids
- Vintage Air - A/C System-Air Gen IV Magnum Evap Kit
- Wegner Motorsports - Engine-6.2 Liter Hemi Halicat Mopar Crate Motor (1,036 hp)
- Whipple Superchargers - 4.5 Liter Supercharger