Coybilt 1965 GTO convertibleFollow
Vehicle Quick Facts
Profile ID: 51299
Markets: Muscle Car, Resto-Mod
Vehicle Type: American
Contact: Josiah Coy
new custom built flat firewall
hand made mini tubs 3 inch wider then factory
narrowed trunk floor
smoothed radiator support filled factory fan shroud, accessory and battery tray holes.
modified inner fenders (A arm opening size reduced, removed accessory holes, lengthen bottom of inner fender and removed draw marks from stamping
the cowl panel was modified to remove the wiper openings on the cowl panel.
shaved rocker and wheel well moldings
filled holes on dash board to remove dash pad and stock grab handle.
shaved factory antenna.
narrowed front bumper with license plate area removed and bumper brought into peak, shaved bumper bolts.
narrowed rear bumper with shaved bumper.
hemmed door and trunk gaps to 1/8 inch for consistent and tight gaps.
modifed transmission tunnel to clear TKO600 transmission
modified cowl and firewall to fit aftermarket wilwood pedal assembly.
Factory duplicated 1965 GTO /// pattern with GTO 6.5 litre door panel emblems in the center of each seat.
custom one off door panels with engine turn metal inlays.
custom fitted cut pile carpet
Hartz convertible top
- Brake Calipers: Wilwood Disc Brakes - Superlite 6 piston calipers front, Dynalite 4 piston calipers rear
- Brake Rotors: Wilwood Disc Brakes - 12.88 inch two piece rotors
- Coilovers: QA1
- Frame: Schwartz Performance - G machine chassis
- Fuel Tank: Rick’s Tanks - stainless Fuel tank
- Master Cylinder: Wilwood Disc Brakes - 3/4 bore master cylinders
- Rack & Pinion: AGR Steering Pros - Fox body mustang rack and pinion
- Spindles: Coleman Racing Products
- Steering: Borgeson Universal - Stainless steering shaft and steering joints
- Axle Housing: Winters Performance Products - Full float aluminum rear axle housing
- Axle Shafts: Coleman Racing Products
- Bearings: Tilton Engineering - 6000 series hydraulic throw out bearing
- Center Section: Moser Engineering - Aluminum center section with 3.70 gears
- Clutch Assembly: Modern Driveline | MDL - 11inch sintered iron clutch
- Driveshaft: Spicer Drivetrain Products - 4 inch aluminum
- Fasteners: ARP – Automotive Racing Products - Pressure plate and fly wheel bolts
- Flywheel: Hays - 18lb billet aluminum flywheel
- Gears: Spicer Drivetrain Products - Slip yoke and 1350 Spicer joints
- Hubs: Coleman Racing Products
- Shifter: Hurst Shifters
- Tires: Michelin - Pilot sport 2 - 235/45/18 front and 335/30/20
- Transmission: TREMEC - TKO600RR
Modern Driveline | MDL - Transmission prep
- Wheels: ET Wheels | Team Three Wheels - Classic five 18x8 front and 20x12.5 rear
- Alternator: Chevrolet Performance - 10si one wire 100 amp
- Bearings: Dura-Bond - Camshaft bearings
- Camshaft: Comp Cams - Hydraulic roller camshaft -Lift: .520''/.540'' Duration: 288°/294° Lobe Separation Angle: 110°
- Catch Can: Moroso Performance Products - Billet aluminum breather tanks/catch cans
- Connecting Rods: Eagle Specialty Products - Forged h beam
- Crankshaft: Eagle Specialty Products
- Cylinder Heads: Edelbrock - Performer RPM 72cc cylinder heads extensively ported
- Distributor: MSD Performance - Pro billet distributor
- Exhaust Components: Doug’s Headers - Modified V band clamps on collectors 1 7/8 primary tubes
- Exhaust Headers: Doug’s Headers
- Exhaust Mufflers: Borla Performance - XR-1 mufflers
- Fans: Spal Automotive USA
- Fasteners: ARP – Automotive Racing Products - main studs, rod bolts, head bolts, timing cover bolts, waterpump bolts, fuel pump bolts, valve cover bolts, balancer bolt, intake manifold bolts, carb studs and header bolts
- Fuel Regulator: Aeromotive Inc. - Billet fuel pressure regulator
- Gaskets: Cometic Gasket - MLS head gaskets
- Intake Manifold: Manley Performance - Intake and exhaust valves (2.11 intake and 1.77 exhaust)
- Lifters: Lunati - Roller lifters .842 diameter
- Oil Pan: Canton Racing Products - Road race oil pan
- Oil Pump: Melling - High pressure oil pump
- Radiator: Ron Davis Racing Products - Down flow aluminum radiator and aluminum over flow tank
- Rocker Arms: Crane Cams - 1.62 roller rocker arms
- Serpentine System: March Performance
- Timing Components: Butler Performance - Double roller timing chain set
- Valve Covers: Butler Performance - Modified valve covers
- Water Pump: Edelbrock
- Body Panels: Dynacorn
- Hood: Dynacorn
- Hood Hinges: Ames Performance Engineering
- Paint & Primers: BASF Automotive Refinish - Glasurit
- Weather Stripping: Steele Rubber Products
- Accessories: Vintage Air - Streamline 4 way HVAC panel
- Gauges: Redline Gauge Works
AutoMeter Products - Internals with digital trip odometer and built in LED shift light
- Heat & AC: Vintage Air - GEN 2 super evaporative unit
- Pedal Assymbly: Wilwood Disc Brakes
- Sound Dampening: Dynamat Inc.
- Steering Column: Flaming River Industries
- Steering Wheel: Budnik Wheels - GTO steering wheel 15 inch
- Wiring: American Autowire - Highway 21 harness
Equipment & Supplies
- Spray Equipment: SATA by Dan-AM Co.
- Exhaust Fab: CoyBilt
- Plating – Polishing: Paul’s Chrome Plating
- Project Manager: CoyBilt
- Sheet Metal Fab: CoyBilt