- American Autowire - ‘65 GTO classic update harness
- Bowler Performance Transmissions - Transmission upgrades, Phantom Products/Bowler Push start system
- Budnik Wheels - Shrike wheels
- Clayton Machine Works - Muscle car pedals
- Dakota Digital - Custom gauges, Climate control units
- Detroit Speed, Inc. - Coil over suspension in both the front and rear
- Dewitts Radiator - Custom built radiator
- Edelbrock - Intake
- FAST- Fuel Air Spark Technology - 2.0 throttle body
- Hooker Exhaust Systems - Cast manifolds
- II Much - VS B Vent
- John’s Industries Inc. -
- JRD International - Glass
- Lokar Performance Products - Accelerator and E-Brake cables
- MagnaFlow - Street Series Performance Exhaust, Oval Body Performance Mufflers, spun Stainless Steel Catalytic Converters, V-Band Clamps
- PML Valve Covers - Vintage style finned valve covers and custom spark plug separators with a coil relocation kit
- Redhorse Performance - Fuel hose and fittings
- Relicate Custom Leather - Leather
- Tanks Inc. - Fuel tank with an in tank pump
- Toyo Tires - Proxy tires
- TREMEC - TKO 600 5 Speed Transmission
- Vintage Air - Gen IV Sure Fit system
- Wegner Motorsports - Accessory drive system
- Wilwood Disc Brakes - 13” brakes front and back
- JH Restorations - Builder/Fabricator, Paint & Body work
Our goal is to complete the building of the ’65 Cutlass using the best products available, from many of JH Restorations great partners. This car has had a transplanted 6.0L LS engine, which will be modified and detailed to resemble a factory 65 Oldsmobile 400 engine. Some of the elements we are using to accomplish this are a Wegner Automotive accessory drive system, which changes the look of the standard LS drive kits available. This kit reverses the coolant flow and relocates the thermostat to give it a more period look. An Edelbrock intake tops the 6.0L with a FAST 2.0 throttle body, being controlled by their EZ-LS controller. All fuel injection wiring that is visible under the hood will be dressed with non-split braided loom from Wire Care. The engine breaths with the aid of a Comp Cam “Bumpstick” and Hooker cast manifolds. The LS will also be outfitted with PML Vintage style finned valve covers and custom spark plug separators with a coil relocation kit . Taking care of the cooling on this LS engine is a custom built Dewitts Radiator with a soft start variable speed Spal electric fan. The gear changes are handled by the Bowler Performance built TKO 600 5 Speed Transmission.
A more rigid, braced and welded, 1965 GM A-Body convertible frame was opted for in this build, which is hung on Detroit Speed and Engineering Coil over suspension in both the front and rear. The Oldsmobile will stop using 13” Wilwood brakes at the front and 13” on the back. Fueling for the car will come in the form of a Tanks Inc. fuel tank with an in tank pump connected to the throttle body with Inline Tube stainless steel fuel lines and Redhorse Performance fuel hose and fittings. The fuel tank is vented through a II Much VSB Vent.
Inside the Cutlass we are updating the look and feel with a set of modern Camaro buckets trimmed in leather and Alcantara from Relicate Leather. We have also worked with Dakota Digital, to build us a custom set of gauges and provid us with one of their Vintage Air Climate control units. To go along with these trick parts we have had a custom aluminum gauge bezel machined. JH is also working with Synergeering (Rapid Nylon) who have rapid prototyping or 3D printed us a lower dash bezel and an original Style Olds 442 air cleaner. The Getter will keep its interior cool with the help of a ‘65 Chevelle Vintage Air Gen IV Sure Fit system, modified to work with the Oldsmobile factory A/C Vents. The under the dash area also houses Clayton Machine Works muscle car pedals, Lokar accelerator cable and E-Brake cables, as well as The American Autowire ‘65 GTO classic update harness with a Phantom Products/Bowler Push start system.
The Body of the Cutlass will not be seeing many changes other than its Custom mixed “Getter Red” paint care of Matrix System Automotive Finishes. She will of course be sitting a little lower on a set of Budnik Shrike wheels wrapped in Toyo Proxy tires that have been outfitted with Red Lines courtesy of Diamond Back Classic. The owner of this classic will be seeing clearly through tinted glass supplied by JRD Distributing.