Super Chevy Magazine
Super Chevy Nova ProjectFollow
Vehicle Quick Facts
Profile ID: 30974
Markets: Muscle Car, Performance, Resto-Mod
Vehicle Type: American
Here in our little cocoon of coolness at TEN you would think magic elves show up at night to build our project cars, but that’s not really the case. Just like you, we have to put in the hours if we want our cars ever to see the light of day, much less the pavement. A case in point is the 1963 Chevy II Super Chevy project car owned by our Tech Center Manager Jason Scudellari. He inherited the project from another TEN employee, but the catch was that it was in pretty bad shape. It had more rot and rust than we’re used to seeing here in hot and dry Southern California, but Jason was up for the challenge.
With the body and chassis being addressed it was time to think about motivating the Chevy down the road. What Jason opted for was a Chevrolet Performance LSX376-B8 boost-ready LS long-block mated to a ProCharger P-1SC centrifugal supercharger. We also added a wilder Comp cam, a FAST intake and fuel system, ARP head studs, and a baffled Holley LS swap oil pan to the mix. The combo made 877 hp on the Westech dyno, which is way more than we need, but that’s the beauty of boost. Backing up the LS will be a six-speed Magnum XL from American Powertrain mated to a McLeod clutch and a Quick Time bellhousing. The engine will be controlled by a Holley Dominator computer, which will feed data to one of their digital dashes.
The Chevy will roll on custom American Legend wheels wrapped in Falken rubber. Speaking of wrapped, instead of paint Jason is going to have the car vinyl wrapped by SoCal Wraps. It’s a ton cheaper than paint and he won’t have to worry about rock chips and cone rash while the Chevy is getting sorted out at the track. Artist Micheal Castiglione did a rendering for us and we think the end result is going to be killer. Look for more stories on this slick ’63 at superchevy.com and in the pages of Super Chevymagazine.
- Brake Calipers: Baer Brakes
- Brake Rotors: Baer Brakes
- Cables: Lokar Performance Products
- Coilovers: QA1
- Frame: Schwartz Performance - Complete Chassis
- Master Cylinder: Baer Brakes
- Axle Shafts: Moser Engineering - Full floater rear end
- Bellhousing: Quick Time
- Clutch Assembly: McLeod Racing
- Tires: Falken Tire
- Transmission: TREMEC - Magnum XL
American Powertrain - Transmission prep
- Wheels: American Legend Wheels
- Battery: Optima Batteries
- Camshaft: Comp Cams
- Crate Engine: Chevrolet Performance - LSX376-B8 boost-ready LS long-block
- Fasteners: ARP – Automotive Racing Products - Head studs
- Fuel Injection: FAST- Fuel Air Spark Technology
- Fuel Management: Holley Performance Products - Dominator computer
- Intake Manifold: FAST- Fuel Air Spark Technology
- Oil Pan: Holley Performance Products - Baffled LS swap oil pan
- Super Charger: ProCharger - P-1SC centrifugal supercharger
- Body Panels: Golden Star Classic Auto Parts
- Misc.: Detroit Speed, Inc. - Mini tubs
- Trim: Classic Industries - Glass trim
- Gauges: Holley Performance Products - Digital dash
- Pedal Assymbly: Tilton Engineering
- Rust Prevention: POR-15 – High-Performance Restoration Coatings
- Seam Sealer: POR-15 – High-Performance Restoration Coatings
- Seats: TMI Products Inc.
- Sound Dampening: Dynamat Inc.
- Steering Wheel: Sparco
- Upholstery: TMI Products Inc.