Stacey David’s Gearz
Vehicle Quick Facts
Profile ID: 45398
Markets: Rod & Custom
Vehicle Type: American
Contact: Stacey David’s Gearz
The trend in Hot Rodding lately has been to build a car with a ‘40’s or ‘50’s style to it. Now there’s nothing wrong with that but I have always liked the late ‘60’s era more. This is when some really wild cars were ripping up the streets and drag strips every night all across the country. Of course by the late ‘60’s, the home-built Hot Rod was rapidly being pushed aside by factory Muscle cars. Only the most hard-core Hot Rodder would dare to pit his home-made creation against a Hemi ‘Cuda or SS Chevelle, and if he did, that creation would have to be pretty special.
So in the true spirit of Hot Rodding, we began to wonder if a guy were to build a ’32 Roadster in 1969 with the goal of it being the “baddest thing on the street”…what would it look like? That's the idea behind the Rat Roaster project!
The criteria was simple.
- ONE: It would have to outrun the hottest muscle car on the street by at least a second or two.
- TWO: It would have to pack some serious “WOW” factor in the engine, paint and overall look.
- THREE: It has to be realistic and affordable for a young Hot Rodder to build, so no exotic, high-dollar parts or engines.
- Finally, it HAD to reflect the Rock & Roll mentality and style of the times.
- BRODIX Cylinder Heads - Cylinder Heads
- Brookville Roadster - 32 All-Steel Frame and Body, Grille Shell
- Cherry Bomb - Custom Exhaust
- Coker Tire Company - Firestone Frontrunner (Dirt Track 500-15) Firestone Drag Slick Tires
- Craft Performance Engines - 580hp 350ci Blown Small Block Chevy Engine
- Currie Enterprises - Rear end Gear
- Denny’s Driveshafts - Heavy Duty Driveshaft
- Earl’s Performance Plumbing - Pro-Flex Fuel Line, Speed Flex, Fuel Fittings
- ET Wheels | Team Three Wheels - ET Dragmaster wheels
- Holley Performance Products - Carburetors
- IDIDIT, LLC. - 32" Straight Chrome Steering Columns & Accessories
- Lokar Performance Products - Competitor Series Throttle Pedal
- Lunati - Crank, Rods, Blower Pistons
- MasterCraft Safety - Baja RS Seats
- Moroso Performance Products - Oil pan
- Optima Batteries - YellowTop Deep Cell Battery
- Painless Performance Products - Wiring Harness
- PPG Industries Inc. - Custom Green Paint
- Royal Purple - Break in Oil
- Sanderson Headers - Headers
- SATA by Dan-AM Co. - Paint equipment
- Silver Sport Transmissions - Tremec TKO 5spd Transmission, Bellhousing, Flywheel, Pressure Plate
- Speedway Motors, Inc. - Bomber-Style Aluminum Seat w/ Holes
- SSBC Performance Brake Systems - Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit, Fittings for Brake Lines
- Steele Rubber Products - Weather stripping
- Summit Racing Equipment - Finned Aluminum Valve Covers, Universal Seat Bracket
- Total Cost Involved Engineering Inc. - Front Suspension, Ford 9" Rear End, Triangulated 4-link & Coilover Suspension, Gasket & Sealer
- TREMEC - TKO 5spd Transmission
- Tuff Stuff Performance - 80 Amp Chrome Alternator & High Torque Starter Accessories
- Unisteer Performance Products - Cross Steering, Rack & Pinion
- Walker Radiator Works, Inc. - Z-491-2 Radiator
- Advanced Plating - Chrome plating
- Hot Rod Institute - Paint & Upholstery
- Steve’s Auto Restorations - Rear Body Lower Corners, Rear Rolled Pan
- Midwest Hot Rods - Upholstery for Convertible Top
- Stacey David’s Gearz - Builder, Fabrication
- West Kentucky Collision - Custom Paint