This refined little roadster is a real nice little Hot Rod that we just completed and are extremely excited on how it came out. We once again got the chance to build a car for our amazing repeat customer, William Shores.
We started with a Brookville body and then called our buddies at the Roadster Shop and got them to build us a new traditionalist chassis complete with original style C-channel cross members and riveted hardware and mounts. The chassis is completed with a Winters V8 quick change rear end, 5″ dropped axle, and Perfection hot rod parts machined wishbones. For us to get that perfect stance the Goolsby Customs crew raised the rear wheel arches up 2″ and re radiused them to fit those Excelsior tires.
Power comes from a stroked ’53 model flathead with three strombergs on a Navarro intake and heads from Mike at H&H Flatheads.
William and his good friend Billy Parker did the motor assembly and dialed it in to run like a top on his run in stand. Once the motor was at the shop we mated it to the Tremec T5 and painted the whole assembly flat brown. The hopped up flathead is monitored by the Classic Instruments gauges in the Goolsby Customs Traditionalist auburn style insert that was machined by William Shores.
To complete the distinguished look, all of the nickel plating was done by our great friend Steve Tracy at Advanced Plating in Nashville. The paint to cover the body and chassis in the perfect maroon for that period look is BASF. As always to top it off our favorite trimmers Wayne and Pam at M&M Hot Rod Interiors handled all that stitching that really completes the “coachbuilt” look.
- 3M - Automotive Shop Supplies
- American National Collector Car Insurance - Insurance Provider
- BASF Automotive Refinish - Glasurit Automotive Refinish
- Boom Mat - Sound Control
- Brookville Roadster - Steel Body
- Classic Instruments - Gauges
- Coker Tire Company - Excelsior Tires
- Cooling Components LLC - Fan
- Design Engineering, Inc. | DEI - Heat Control and Etc
- Detroit Speed, Inc. - Brakes and Misc. Parts
- Griots Garage Inc. - Automotive Car Care Products
- IDIDIT, LLC. - Steering Column
- Lokar Performance Products - Pedals, Shifter, cables
- Pete & Jakes Hot Rod Parts - Suspension Components
- Powermaster Performance - Starter
- Roadster Shop - a new traditionalist chassis complete with original style C-channel cross members and riveted hardware and mounts
- SATA by Dan-AM Co. - Spray equipment
- Steele Rubber Products - Seals and Weather-stripping
- TREMEC - Transmission
- Winters Performance Products - V8 quick change rear end