Johnson’s Hot Rod ShopFollow
2439 E Meighan Blvd.
Gadsden, Alabama 35903
Alan Johnson came to a pinnacle in the world of street rods. In 1997 Johnson's Hot Rod Shop debuted a 1933 Ford Cabriolet Highboy at the Detroit Autorama for Jerry Karr. The car was runner-up for the prestigious Ridler Award and won everything else it was eligible to win in Detroit. The '33 won many Pro's Pick awards and ended up being named Car of the Year by both Goodguys Rod and Custom Association and Shades of the Past Car Club. The crowning moment was when Alan was invited to display the car center stage at the annual SRMA Banquet held during the annual SEMA Show. At the banquet, Street Rodder Magazine honored Alan by naming him Street Rod Builder of the Year.
Since 1993 one of the keys to the number of cutting edge hot rods rolling through our shop is the attention we keep on technology and hot rod trends, while staying grounded to our traditional roots of hot rodding. We are known throughout this industry by creating innovative one of a kind rolling pieces of automotive art. These cars all have style and are beautiful to look at yet still have the power and performance to keep you excited to get behind the wheel.
The team at Johnson's Hot Rod Shop really prides themselves on quality and ingenuity of each new hot rod project. Alan Johnson and the crew is dedicated to building each project into something that the car owner is really proud to drive, show, and own. A Johnson's built hot rod draws a crowd of attention no matter how big or small a car event is! Whether a local car show or a national event chances are you will see JHRS hot rod owners being recognized for their fine ride! Listed here is a showing of the many accomplishments Alan Johnson and Johnson's Hot Rod Shop has achieved over the years!
- The Detroit Autorama - Don Ridler Award
- Daimler Chrysler Design Excellence Award
- Mother's Polish Shine Award
- Street Rodder Magazine Street Rod Builder of the Year
- Goodguy's Rod & Custom Trendsetter of the Year
- Chip Foose Design Award
- Sony Gran Turismo Video Game finalist
- Goodguy's Rod & Custom Street Rod of the Year
- Goodguy's Rod & Custom Street Machine Award
- Goodguy's Rod & Custom America??s Most Beautiful Street Rod finalist
- Stroker McGurk Award
- Judy Murray Memorial Award
- Bobby Alloway Builders Choice Award
- Shades of the Past Street Rod of the Year
- Shades of the Past Best of Show
- Shades of the Past Street Machine of the Year
- Shades of the Past Fab 5 Award
- Shades of the Past Top 25
- Boyd Coddington's Pros Pick Award
- 2012 Goodguy's Woman of the Year